Friday, April 12, 2019

Lynsey Addario (Prelude, Chapter 1)

In her book, It's What I Do, I've been very impressed with her ability to recover from traumatic events that have occurred n her life. Such as her dad leaving her mom to be with another man. Or being inches from death following revolutionists in the Middle East. I think her photography story is amazing, and the photos themselves are equally as powerful.

While looking at the photos that she has published in her book, I believe I should try and focus more on the emotion of my subjects. To try and focus more on making or framing the light to be darker on a gloomy subject or maybe have more control over lighting in general.

My favorite quote from Chapter One is: "In the early days the assignments were grim, but I took them--- happily." Addario page 37. I like this quote because although her subject matter is uncomfortable at best, she gets to do what she loves to do anyway, so she takes those hard photos because it's her job and it's what she wants and likes to do. That is something I aspire to, to be able to do what I love and make a living doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment